Monday, January 31, 2011

The Stash



Some have asked how I store my beads. I'm using plastic boxes from Walmart's sporting goods
section. They measure 8" x 14" x 2" deep. They come with adjustable dividers for inside. I like to keep all my seed beads and Delica's in the small 2" x 2 1/2" bags. All the different sized tubes, and flip top boxes take up too much space. And I end up spilling more using them also.
Delicas are Miyuki beads and I mostly buy Miyuki seed beads also.
I used the BeadCreatorPro and Beadelator program to make patterns. Each of these can be
program to used the Miyuki Bead Number and give you a shopping list for the pattern you create. So as I collected beads I just found it easier to keep
them in numerical order. The Delicas are separated from the seed beads. I also have a note book
with every number that I have, so I can tell at a glance if I have a number or not. It makes online buying easier. lol - and that's about as organized as I am!
I have 19 of these boxes now. I need another 3 or 4 to finish up. I have a small computer desk in this room. My big loom is on top of the desk. The tray that normally pulls out for the keyboard, holds miscellaneous jewelry board and do dads, and the bead boxes are below and you can see
there is plenty of room for more there.

1 comment:

Alexandra Lundgren said...

I love how organized you are! A bit jealous too :)