Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Bread making by my husband, Gary.
Two quick notes before I give you the recipe for this white bread.
1. I use a bread machine to do all the 'hard' work of making bread. My machine is set up for a basic loaf - 10 mins of mixing/kneading and 45 mins of rest/rise. If you can't program your machine, then set it for basic loaf and let it knead/mix for 7-10 mins then shut if off and let it
rise for 45 mins more. Or you can do it all by the hand the old fashioned way, keeping in mind the 7/10 min work and 45 min rise.
2. This recipe was developed by me, using Walmarts pre-packaged Great Value Pizza Dough.
There are name brands of the same item. The only thing you add to these packets are the water.
Walmarts brand cost 44 cents per package. These can be found in the pizza sauce/mix section.
This recipe will give you a crunchy/crusty loaf with a nice airy grain - good flavor and looks.
The ingredient list is for 2 recipes - 1 large loaf and 2 medium loaf recipe
Here's the recipe
In your bread machine pan - in the order given
1 Large Single Loaf - Recipe
1 cup warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vinegar
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 packages Pizza Dough
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
2 Medium Loaves - Recipe
1 1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
3 packages Pizza Dough
3 tsp dry yeast
1. Let your machine do the mixing, adjust the mix while it's working - dough too sticky, add flour, dough too dry, crumbly, add water - use regular flour and add water by tbsp. Mix/knead for 7-10 mins
2. Let Rest/Rise for 45 mins in machine
3. Remove from machine and using stretch and roll method, roll up the dough, shaping it to fit the bread pan(s). Grease bread pans, bottom and sides.
4. Preheat oven 30 seconds or just until it starts to feel warm. Turn oven off.
5. Place bread pan(s) in the warmed over and let rise for 45 mins to an hour until ready.
Use finger test to check if done rising.
6. Take out of the oven and heat over to 365 degrees - return loaves to heated oven and bake
for 35-40 mins or until done.